'My mom is My Heart and my rock, and I am in such awe of her strength of courage'
This February, IOL is spreading the love with our #MyHeart competition where we are asking readers to send a shout out to their loved ones to stand a chance of winning some amazing prizes.
Here's one of our winning entries from Daniela Cardoso who has won a month's worth of UCOOK for two.
My Mom is my ROCK!! She is an amazingly strong woman mentally, emotionally and spiritually and I am in such awe of her strength of courage, resilience and perseverance.
Becoming a single Mom through tragic circumstances when my Dad died after a very short battle with cancer when I was a toddler, was a really devastating blow to her. She had to put aside her grief and concentrate on having to deal with the reality of being a single parent.
She has made such tremendous sacrifices over the years and has always made me her No.1 priority. She is the most amazing woman, friend, sister, aunt, but more importantly MY MOM.
Her unconditional love, unwavering support, absolute belief and trust in me inspires me daily to be a better person, to never give up no matter what life throws at you and has shaped me into the woman I am today.
I am truly blessed and honoured to have her as MY MOM and Number 1 Woman in my life. She always puts others first without a thought for herself, she is a generous, sympathetic and kind-hearted woman. I sincerely hope to one day become such a role model to my own children.
We have plenty more prizes to give away. Here's how you can enter IOL's #MyHeart competition:
Send an email to [email protected] with a shout out to a very special someone in your life (minimum 150 words). Or send us a message or a video via Whatsapp to 0745573535.
Whether it's the love of your life, your BFF, your cat, your mom, your boss or your second-removed cousin on your grandmother's side, we want to know why you appreciate them so much.
Winners of will be notified by March 6.
Winners will be notified by email or phone, so please send us your contact details with your entry.
- Selected story entries, pictures and videos will be published on iol.co.za and our social media pages.
- The winners' names will be published on our website and social media pages.
- Competitions are only open to people residing in South Africa.
- Employees of Independent Media, the sponsors & their agents, or any company associated with the competition & their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged.
- The entrant accepts that entry to the competition does not constitute a contract or any form of legal commitment between the entrant and IOL.