Google says sorry for YouTube downtime
INTERNATIONAL – Last week, YouTube was done for almost two hours and it affected subscription services YouTube TV and YouTube Music.
Users across the world took to social media around 3 am in outrage as YouTube had been experiencing major outage and content was inaccessible for just over two hours.
YouTube has acknowledged the outage in a tweet.
“We’re working on resolving this and will let you know once fixed,” the Team YouTube account says. “We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will keep you updated", the company said.
Google is now apologising to affected YouTube TV subscribers by offering a free week of credit.
“We’re sorry about the unexpected YouTube TV interruption on October 16th,” says a note to subscribers. “We love our TV as much as you do, and our goal is to make sure that you can access your events and shows – whenever and however you want. To help make this right, we’d like to give you a week of free service," the company said in a statement.
The credit note of $10 (R143) is only available to be claimed by Wednesday October 24th, and subscribers will need to fill out a form that was emailed out to YouTube TV users.
BUSINESS REPORT ONLINE